Please ensure that you familiarize yourself and brief the rest of your family/friends with all house rules.
CHECK IN: Not before 15:00 on the day and no later than 21:00 in the evening. A R100 levy will be charged per hour or part thereof for late check in. It is imperative that you plan yourself to fit in with these times.
CHECK OUT: Strictly no later than 09:00. Once again, a R100 levy will be charged per hour or part thereof for a late departure. Please plan your departure in advance to avoid extra fees imposed.
Premature departures falls within the Cancellation Policy and can be viewed on the website: www.acquilaguesthouse.co.za
- Guests / groups arriving and displaying any signs of intoxication will not be allowed access to the guest house property. As a rule, we will caution guests when bringing excessive alcohol onto the premises.
- All facilities are for our guests only and therefore no visitors are allowed.
- Should you not fully occupy your unit it does not entitle you to invite your own guests or family to fill the compliment.
- A damage deposit of R500 per self-catering unit (with kitchen facilities) is payable and refunded with 3 days of departure should the rules on the kitchen be met. You will be held accountable for any defects / breakages and damages not reported within 24 hours of your arrival.
- A damage deposit of R200 is payable for “rooms only” such as units 2,3,4,5,6. It is important to use the sheltered area for the enjoyment of all meals as no eating of meals in rooms are allowed. Spoilt linen will be charged for.
- No hair coloring products to be used during your stay and ladies grooming nails and with colored hair should be extra cautious not to spoil linen.
- Braai facilities are on a first come first serve basis with your own fire lighter and charcoal.
- Guests occupying more than one unit are requested to ensure all cutlery and crockery is placed back to the specific units for accountability.
- Air-conditioning – Ideal temperature is 22 and choose the option “sleep” - unit doors and windows always need to be kept closed when in use. Machines and all lights need to be switched off when you leave your unit.
- Windy days - please ensure that doors and windows are closed or properly hooked in and latched while at home.
- Car wash - We would like to give you a choice of two car washes of which Acquila is excluded - enquire within.
- Cleaning services - Daily between 9 and 11. Should you not make the units available during these times, only bathrooms will be checked, and toilet tissue will be provided where necessary.
- Our service excludes the washing of dishes. The kitchen in the self-catering units are your own responsibility. Arrangements can be made in advance should you wish dishes to be washed at a service fee of R50 - payable in advance.
- Change of Towels and linen: Will only be changed once during a minimum 5-night stay.
- Guest House property: Guest towels will not be used as beach towels and all cutlery and crockery will remain on the premises.
- House Pride: The management and its staff expect every guest to display some house pride in picking up clothing, hanging towels and washing of own dishes. The washing of dirty dishes on the day of departure will be charged at R100 against your damage deposit and the damage deposit as a rule will be refunded into your bank account within 3 days after departure. To secure your refund, please leave the guest unit in the same manner than when you arrived and ensure that you have supplied banking details for the refund.
- Washing of dishes - you are once again reminded that you can make prior arrangements for the washing of dishes and pay a R50 for this service in advance before the service is required.
- Alcohol - No excessive liquor will be allowed on the premises and no rowdiness and shouting between guest units will be accepted.
- Noise factor - please guard against excessive or unnecessary noise. Parents to take control of children always. Please respect the owners, neighbors as well as other guests on the property as everyone visiting Acquila may be here for a different purpose. (holidaymakers and corporate clients)
- No leaning, sitting, climbing or hanging clothing/towels over balustrades/railings - please use designated washing lines.
- Smokers - please utilize open air areas and move stand up ashtrays to your smoking point, instead of flicking cigarette buds into garden or flowerpots.
- Pool on property: is exclusive for the owner’s private use. Please make use of our local beach named Brighton Beach and Ansteys Beach - 2 km away.
- Early Check out - If your departure is earlier than the date you are expected to leave or if you leave before outside of office hours then please contact Nonnie to make arrangements with the key.
We wish to thank you in advance for your co-operation and will appreciate the necessary respect and adherence in all aspects.